Monday, April 22, 2013

Yiqing Yin, S/S 13




As I'm sitting here, putting off making the dreaded cup o' instant coffee (I'm desperate!), I was scrolling through some old posts and noticed that my wee post on Paris-based designer Yiqing Yin is one of the most viewed posts on kOs. And, since my brain is not yet working this morning/has already flown to Europe, I couldn't remember anything other than the name, so I added one more view to the post. Which led me to Yiqing's website and her S/S 13 collection. I will definitely be dreaming of that teal dress (the colour and drape of which reminds me of the sadly now defunct Verlaine, R.I.P.), and probably of that multi-lapelled/draped-shoulder jacket too. So, thanks to my unfortunate coffee situation, let's raise our mugs to the good things that can come from someone forgetting to tell you we're out of coffee beans. Even when those good things are frightening and impressive at the same time, like this piece...


...and these pieces. I'm not sure what is going on, but I like them. They also remind me of Stacey Grant's brilliant MA collection.


Remember kids, friends don't let friends drink instant coffee!

(Photos by Shoji Fujii, via Yiqing's website)


Related Posts