Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Patchwork Trousseau



Eight years ago, my man and I got legally married, me in a white linen skirt and black hoodie, him in blue Dickies and a raglan sweater. The following day, we had some sort of family function (on my side), where, if my memory serves me correctly, we proceeded to tell no one who had not been there about the events of the day before. On that day, I wore the same black hoodie, and a patchwork skirt I bought at a farmer's market in Seattle, the skirt being of the exact same palette as Laura Siegel's Fall 2013 collection. I shall wear the skirt tomorrow, and tell no one of what happens today...

(Photos by George Pimentel, via Flare.com)


P.S. If you're not into the colours Laura uses, OAK has an exclusive line of her pieces in black. Really. Personally, I like Laura's earthy palettes, especially when they trigger memories. But black always works, and I'm not really sure where else you can get Laura's beautiful work anyway.


Related Posts