Thursday, November 15, 2012

Vietto



I have a favorite voluminous jacket I bought from a local store many Boxing Days ago that I just realized I haven't worn for a long time. And the reason is that I have a lot of voluminous clothing and, when coupled with a voluminous jacket, that's simply too much volume. Also, it's either summer or winter here, and this jacket is more like a dressed up hoodie, so I have to wear something really really warm under it (or some things) if I can wear it at all. 'Really really warm', of course, meaning voluminous. So I was quite happy to see an email in my inbox this morning from Minna Kaartinen, the designer behind Finnish eco-conscious label Vietto. Vietto's been on my radar for quite some time, as Jaana, the writer of the now-defunct Finnish blog The door in my wardrobe had worked with the label and featured it a few times. It seems Jaana is still working with Vietto as a photographer, and Vietto has just posted some new pieces! This one in particular, informed by my sad tale of the neglected spring hoodie/jacket, is what has caught my eye. Made of surplus Finnish military wool, the lower section of this lovely winter coat can zip off (see below), allowing me to both stay warm and not to have a silhouette resembling Grimace. Which is always a good thing, being vegetarian and all.



Edit: Since posting this post, I can't get enough of early Björk (including, I have to say it, Post). I think I was subconsciously affected by the model's hairstyle. And now, posthaste, I shan't say 'post' anymore today...


Related Posts