Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Matchpoint


 

As I've already seen this in a couple different places (and in a couple different languages), chances are that some of you have already seen MATCHBOOK, a brilliant blog whose raison d'être is to show us which swimwear matches which book covers. A few of my favorite books have already been matched up (Infinite Jest and Eating Animals, as seen below), but, most importantly, my favorite swimsuit (by Chromat, of course) has been matched with a book that I should have already read. I'm fairly certain that a swimsuit has never before inspired me to read any particular book, and so, hat's off to you, MATCHBOOK!

  

Anyway, inspired by MATCHBOOK, and in memoriam to one of my favorite authors, Maeve Binchy, here's kOs' contribution to the matching game. I've picked four (more or less) matching Alexander McQueen looks, representing the number of times my copy of Evening Class has been read. Maeve, you will be missed.


(Runway photos via Style.com; from right to left: Alexander McQueen Spring 2009, Fall 2007, Spring 2008, and Spring 2010)

Related Posts