Friday, January 13, 2012

Metropolis




I find these pieces by Polish designer Kamila Gawrońska Kasperska (great name, by the way) fantastic for the following three reasons. First of all, I can't help but love that bell-/funnel-shaped neck after Björk's McQueen jingle bell dress. Second, the intersection I have to cross to get from my bus stop to my work's front door has wind that rivals downtown Manhattan. So, I've been thinking I need a stylish way to keep my hair from turning into some sort of cyclone. An attached speed skater hood is the perfect solution. Thirdly, I've been reminded yet again that I must see Fritz Lang's Metropolis (which inspired this collection). I keep meaning to and can easily do so, as it's on Netflix (or at least was over Christmas). Perhaps after I take a little nap...At any rate, I'd totally wear the dress below on the right for any occasion, and would wear the onesie below on the left for the odd occasion when the urge to feel like Cogsworth as a matador arises.


(Photos via NJAL)


Related Posts