Sunday, October 2, 2011

"They could walk, if they would, unseen by all eyes in this world beneath the sun, and they could see things in worlds invisible to mortal men..."*




You know, I almost thought I had tricked myself into believing I was over hoodies. I have been banned from wearing my marriage hoodie after nearly crying when my elbow poked through the material, and the two (attempted) substitutes have both fallen short in some way (granted, it's me, and not them). And at my new place of employment, I'm not allowed to wear anything with a hood, even on casual Friday. And so, my plethora of hoodies now lay at the bottom of the various piles of clothing and dirty laundry in my apartment, something that would never have happened say six months ago.

But then I saw this Nazgûl inspired jacket by NY-based designer Joseph Madeo (via NOTCOUTURE). And I very quickly was reminded that I still want that ArtLab hood, and I still need that shell hooded jacket from Alexandra Groover. And when you need something, that's a responsibility.

*J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion (London: Harper Collins, 1999), 346.


Related Posts