Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lako Bukia, S/S 11



The name 'Lako Bukia' hit my radar with full force this morning as I quickly glanced at a new favorite blog, Ma Frangine, early this morning. I couldn't quite remember how I knew that name, but the handy Google bar on the right tells me that I had written a post on Lako previously. It makes sense that I didn't recognize this S/S 11 collection as belonging to this Georgian-born London-based designer, however, as they are extremely different from her graduate/first collection. Anyway, though I've been absolutely loving the gorgeous sun and very unseasonsal warm temperatures this week (and yes, even the giant puddles from the massive melting snowbanks), these gorgeous photos make me wonder why more photoshoots aren't done at night (revisit Donovan Tjon's perfect dress here for an even stronger case for nighttime photoshoots). The runway lights and flat stage simply can't capture the romantic aspect of these pieces like a dark horse and some moonlit trees. I will, nonetheless, post some of those runway photos, as I'm in love with these pieces.


I do have to point out that it strikes me as odd that I'm most drawn to the billowing grey skirt and pink top outfit (though moreso when it's dangling from a tree), as just yesterday I had saved a couple photos of another designer's work on my desktop that has a similar colour palette, as illustrated below. (The third photo is to show the back of the second piece.)


I can't help but wonder if it's some colour-coded conspiracy by NJAL, as both Lako and Brazilian designer Julia Valle are on the front page this week. I'm not quite sure how NJAL could benefit from me pairing a girly hue with grey, but I'll definitely let you know when I find out...


Related Posts