Monday, May 17, 2010

Le singe est sur la branche.



I must say, I hardly recognize myself these days. As a result of hot summery weather and my lovely friend Lauren, I've been converted to the short dress side. I've always worn dresses as tops, and can't remember wearing a short dress as a dress in the last eight or nine years. But the past couple days, I just couldn't get enough of my mydearthing Carly Dress, which provided my pasty legs with some much needed sun exposure. Today though, I decided to give Carly a break, and slapped together a new outfit, being my mydearthing Husband Dress in ink (swoon!) underneath my Sybil Dress by Attila Design. Fantastico! I've always worn the Sybil Dress with the sides cinched up as in the picture, and was quite delighted to see that the drapey hem was perfectly parallel to the shirt tail hem of the Husband Dress. Perhaps Lauren and Tiina are in cahoots? Or something. And then, on my way out the door, I noticed that I had a package waiting for me in the front foyer, from none other than my dear friend Patricia. It was my long awaited waist wrap! I had been oogling the white one for ages, but didn't order one for moi simply because of the colour. And so, when Patricia listed a black one, I knew it was meant to be. I quickly threw it on over top my 2-short dress combo, and the effect was simply stunning. With some black jeans/black leggings/black boots, this second outfit is a definite keeper.

And now, I must go squeal with delight as I will be seeing Eddie Izzard live in person in 4.49 hours. Eek!



Related Posts