Monday, May 31, 2010

I'll give you a star, so you know just where you are


I found Queen Michelle's post quite interesting today, as she tried to prove with pictures of her floor-picked outfit that fashion bloggers are not "the most conscientious, deliberate dressers there are, ever." Of course I don't always dress my best, and somedays I don't even get out of my pj's. But in general, in terms of the days that I get out of the house for something other than work, I think I have definitely dressed more 'deliberately' in the last year (oh yes, I've been blabbing on the internets for a year now). However, I think it's more to do with the fact that I've felt more comfortable in my own skin in the last year, and I've amassed more clothing in the last year. I've also had more stress in the last year, and deliberately dressing is such good therapy, that it's something open-minded doctors should be prescribing to some of their patients. Sure, it's not a cure all, as putting on my mono jodhpurs (or, as my man calls them, my 'fancy pants') for dinner and a movie only momentarily distracted me from my worries, but it's those little moments that make horrible days a little more tolerable, right? So, conscientious or not, I think fashion bloggers and those who read fashion blogs are equipped with one extra weapon for dealing with life. And this dress by George Bezhanishvili and Franziska Fürpass (found via ASOVF) is a definite must for a complete arsenal.



Related Posts