Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Shop Floor Project



I do believe I have yet to mention a lovely place in the Internet called The Shop Floor Project, which is run by a mother/daughter duo. This wonderful place gives new meaning to a online shop, as the design of the website is to mirror that of an actual brick and mortar boutique/museum, with separate rooms for different categories of goods. I would compare it to a Ten Thousand Villages shop (which I believe is something close to Anthropologie - I've never been there though, so I can't say for sure), where there are tons of beautiful handmade things from designers all over the world, if you only take the time to look around. You could spend a lot of time on this website, and I quite recommend that you do. In the meantime, here are a couple of my favorite items:

Bebaroque tights in the Gretel pattern, created by Glasgow School of Art fashion graduates Mhairi McNicol and Chloe Patience. Who said leggings were the last word on legwear?


Spirograph by Rachel Goth Circle Necklace. The pendant is laser cut thick felt, inspired by the artist's graphic design training.


Oh how I wish my hair were long enough already for such a lovely messy updo!


Related Posts