Saturday, November 28, 2009

Expensive tastes



Just as a warning, as a result of my recent read through of Skin+Bones: Parallel Practices in Fashion and Architecture, I have some new obsessions that are not of the typical indie designer variety found here. Namely, I have now latched onto the wagons of Hussein Chalayan, Comme des Garçons, Maison Martin Margiela, and Yohji Yamamoto, at least for dreaming/DiY purposes. I've also recently become obsessed with Gareth Pugh who was not in the book, but is also a genius. So, while the focus of my blog is of course still on indie designers and handmade clothing, I may be slightly increasing the scope to contain the limited collections of these more well-known, high-end fashion names as well. In other words, please don't hate me if I periodically post a couple more unattainable pieces than in the past. Some creations are just too beautiful to ignore. Also, I have a feeling that some of the indie designers I feature will eventually join the ranks of the above mentioned names, and so there's not too big of a gap between these two worlds.

Above are some expensive (but on sale!) Maison Martin Margiela 1 gloves, which would go lovely with my new Toms wrap boots, and are also available in black.


Related Posts