Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Liza Rietz, F/W 09/10



Okay, after this I'm going to sleep. But getting better can wait a few minutes, as this is the moment I've been waiting for: the unveiling of Liza Rietz's new F/W collection! And I'm simply stunned. The collection is, of course, full of the breathtaking architectural details which Liza's work is recognizable for. However, I think her designs get better and better with each collection. And with a muted palette of sueded silks, wools, and cottons throughout, each custom made piece is just perfect for fall weather! Sigh. Although, as you know, each of Liza's pieces are truly seasonless - I can definitely see each of these carrying through to spring and summer, far away as those seasons are, and into any year with the high level of quality that comes with each Liza Rietz piece. As Liza herself says, this collection is indeed "timeless eloquence."

By the way, if you missed reading my exclusive interview with the lovely Liza last month, click here to catch up on what is behind this genius designer. And visit her Etsy shop to see the full pictures of each piece, and to order something special for yourself. I'm going to have a hard time choosing my favorite (although immediately my eye goes to the Points Dress, pictured bottom right). Sigh.


Related Posts