Saturday, October 17, 2009

Georgy Baratashvili



I don't really post about menswear as frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn. But after my daily fix of Fashion156 this morning, I just had to post about a designer whose clothing is just too close to my own fashion sensibilities. And a few of the pieces are asexual enough for me to wear to my heart's content. The designer in question is Georgy Baratashvili, a Russian graduate of Central Saint Martins. The fact that he has a dance background (and is a genius) is quite obvious after a glance at both his S/S 10 (top) and A/W 08/09 (bottom) collections. Oh, just look at all that draped and woven jersey, sumptuous layers, subdued colours, and exceptional detailing. I'm absolutely taken with the S/S 10 black draped slim pants (click on photo for a great close-up; also available in a wet-look material). These could very well enter My Top 3 Want list once the Stacey Grant dress exits the list/arrives. And I love the double drawstring pocket detailing on the khaki pants. Sigh.


Related Posts