Monday, August 17, 2009

Stacey Grant, Part 2




I am just absolutely taken by this lovely girl and her work (you might remember The Dress, which is from her previous collection). Stacey just posted her 'Obviously, doctor, you've never been a 13 year old girl' collection on NJAL. And despite the limited/fuzzy pictures, I can tell it's glorious and right up my alley with the laid-back layering, draping, and raw detailing (especially when styled with red Chuck Taylor high tops!). I so admire how Stacey is deeply inspired from things around her and manages to clearly translate it into her pieces. This collection in particular is "inspired by the novel by Jeffery Eugenides, The Virgin Suicides. It explores the life and death of the Lisbon sisters. When life is cut off, much remains unfinished, and this is reflected in the work." I cannot wait to see what comes out of Stacey's Master's degree. Check out her Etsy shop for one-off pieces she is kind enough to part with.


Related Posts