Friday, August 14, 2009

Emma Hedlund



Today's NJAL find coincides quite nicely with my personal goings-on. First of all, I do believe fall has unofficially arrived. This leads me to think of cross-country skiing, as fall here is almost as short as our summer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see snow in a month or two. And secondly, I have to do some voluminous shoulder training in order to become accustomed to The Hoody's beautiful puffs.

And so, I present to you Emma Hedlund of the Swedish Hedlunds (just thought I'd clear that up, as she's based in London and is a fashion graduate of Central Saint Martins). As stated on her NJAL page and her own website, "Her graduate collection was inspired by classic ski and mountainwear but with a sillhouette inspired by snow and a snow covered shape. High square shoulders where the rucksack has left deep carved out marks over the shoulder, wadded ski pants and a full length coat with a rucksack growing out from the back." Awesome! I'm of course drawn to the lovely grey/white/black palette. And I'm usually not interested in futuristic designs, but Emma has won me over. I especially love those carved out shoulders (above pictures via here), ripe for a new backpack with school starting soon (no, I won't be a student, but I'll be pretending whilst visiting my man at the library). And I'm wondering if those sparkly goggles could have the lenses replaced with 3-D lenses. We bought the special edition of Coraline so we could see if the 3-D effects from our first viewing at the theatre could be reproduced at home. The answer was an emphatic 'no', but I'm wondering if it was the cheap paper glasses included with the DVD...



Hmm...I have a sudden desire to wear goggles around the house for the entire weekend now...


Related Posts