Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Layering against the cold



In case you were wondering who won the duel today between my Andromache and my Letters to Paris, the answer is both and neither. 'Both' because the cold weather triggered my layering reaction, so I ended up creating one of my most favorite outfits, with my Andromache over my Letters to Paris. Gorgeous. 'Neither', however, because I only managed to get my sorrowful bottom off of the bed/couch for a total of 45 minutes for my daily dose of caramel macchiato. So the pair did not get much air today. The 45 minutes were pretty good though. I brought my new book with me, Nino Ricci's The Origin of Species. I can't get over how well written it is. I find myself reading it much slower than my usual brisk pace just so I can re-read the beautiful and witty lines. And it's set in Montreal, where I need to live.


Which reminds me, I think it's time for me to pick up a Norwegian Wood cage skirt (seen above on the lovely Queen Michelle herself). I almost did months ago when I purchased my harness, but I made myself choose one piece. I think it would look quite lovely over my Letters to Paris, among other things. By the way, this dress is turning out to be quite multi-functional. I don't see it listed in Desira's shop anymore, so you may want to send her a convo if you feel you'd love it as much as I do.

Off to work the evening shift now. Sigh. I do not want to come back to an empty home at 1:30am...


Related Posts