Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just a spoon full of maple syrup...


After yesterday's debacle which required immediate chewable Tylenol/chai latte/dark chocolate truffle treatment, today is turning out to be pretty good to me. I did have an unpleasant start to my day trying to get my money back from the greedy insurance company that my husband has benefits through. I may just have to call it a loss. That was the best massage I've ever had anyway, so the joke is on them (?). But on to the day turning out well...First off, I just had the most delightful dinner. You can't get any better than whole grain french toast (made with organic eggs from free-range chickens) absolutely drenched in pure maple syrup. Maple syrup indeed makes anything delicious; I simply can't go back to the Aunt after visiting Montreal! And french toast has always been my specialty, especially since I'm willfully inept in the kitchen.

Secondly, we've averted the forecasted dump of May snow!!! The sun is shining on my laptop screen right now making it impossible to see anything outside the outline of my head!!! I'm dancing a jig as we speak.


And last - perhaps the only thing that tops my french toast right now is Liza Rietz's gorgeous gorgeous pieces. I just love the stunning architectural and modern nature of her pieces. I'm lucky to own her lovely scooped cowl knit gown and have been dreaming of her half circle tunic with stand up collar since the first time I laid eyes on it (this is indeed the piece I covet most on Etsy). Liza has just posted her spring/summer collection in her Etsy shop, and now it's the waffle tucked tunic that has caught my eye. Can you imagine it in the gorgeous white and black herringbone fabric she used in the half circle tunic? Yumm...Oh how I wish I could live in Portland...

Now off to enjoy my chai latte and my most delightful book (Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie - I highly recommend it!)...


Related Posts